5 BEST Vegan Medicated Edibles!
Now, if you're new to the edibles game or you're just looking for more information, let me tell you that I've tried 'em all. Well, just about. I have a great relationship with marijuana and use if often for pain relief, so I'm always trying new products to see what the best options are. Lucky for me, I live in Southern California - where there are no shortage of dispensaries to buy what you need in a safe, healthy environment, much like a doctors office. I've narrowed it down to what I consider the 5 BEST Vegan Medicated Edibles on the market right now! They may only be available in Southern California (or another weed-friendly state like Washington or Colorado), but it's always good to know what to keep an eye out for, and it's fun to see the latest stuff on the market! Now - here's where we get real: I'm surely not promoting drug use for people who shouldn't be using, but I'm also not here to judge friends. You do you. That said, a few notes before we move on.
1. KNOW YOUR DOSAGE. Start small. Most people should start with a 5-10 mg dose of THC and see where that takes them. For many, that'll be plenty. I personally have a tolerance that allows me to take something more along the lines of 50-60 mg of THC to feel really "high". Work your way to that point. Weed won't kill you, but a bad trip is a bad trip, man.
2. Know what you're eating! THC and CBD are different types of cannabinoids. THC is the one that'll make you feel 'high' - spacey, munch, maybe a little paranoid. CBD is all about pain relief, and won't actually get you 'high' at all. This is the most common type used in things like balms and lotions, specifically targeted for topical use.
3. Once you start talking THC, there are two main types within that category to be aware of; first, Indica, the strain type that will make you feel sleepier, hungrier, lazier. Great for movie nights, help with sleep, relaxing, looking generally 'stoned' - haha, and by that, I just mean melting into the couch with red eyes. Second is Sativa, most people's daytime go-to and the strain that gives you more of a get up and go feeling after using. Most people who actively smoke or ingest marijuana would probably say this one is the more 'productive' of the two, as it usually gives you energy and motivation - the opposite of indica in that way.
4. Don't be an idiot, follow the law. I mean, I won't tattle but you're also totally on your own if you fuck up, kids.
Okay, I think that's it! For more background on why I use marijuana, you should start with our review of Dr. Raw's Edibles. Otherwise, read on to find my Top 5 Favorite Vegan Marijuana Edibles. Happy eating friends!
1. Dr. Raw Organics Candy Hearts
Potency: 100 mg THC | 5 mg CBD (LEFT) 50 mg THC | 50 mg CBD (RIGHT)
2. Utopia Farms Medicated Macaroons
Potency: 200 mg THC (50 mg per macaroon)
3. KIVA Tangerine Dark Chocolate Bar
Potency: 180 mg THC per bar
4. Korova Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar
Potency: 300 mg THC | >36 mg CBD per bar
5. 420 Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Bar
Potency: 180mg THC | ≤ 10mg CBD per bar