Interview with Travis Barker,
world-famous drummer of Blink-182 & The Transplants
1. Do you have any vegan-themed or inspired tattoos?
Nope, not yet. Soon, all in due time.
**A few days after our chat, Travis got a killer tattoo to represent his hand in Crossroads Vegan Kitchen. Check it out here.
2. What’s your favorite vegan restaurant & dish to get there?
My favorite restaurant is Crossroads in LA and my favorite dish is the chicken parmesan followed by their coconut sorbet with chocolate topping.
3. Any cooking tool you can’t live without in the kitchen?
4. We hear you’re raising your kids vegan; what’s been the biggest challenge?
Birthday parties where everybody's eating burgers and hot dogs.
5. Since you’ve gone vegan, what are some of the benefits or changes you’ve noticed in your health?
I feel great after every meal and I know that no animals are getting hurt in the process. That's a win/win.
6. If you could “vegan-ize” any non-vegan food what would it be?
Ice cream, but it's been already done and it's amazing.
7. What projects do you have in the works?
Tons. Just finished up a song with Juicy J for the 22 Jump Street movie and starting my 2nd solo album. Also in the middle of recording the Transplants covers album. Blessed to be busy doing what I love.
8. Favorite go-to vegan snack on tour?
Sliced apples and crunchy almond butter.
9. It’s Saturday morning. What can we find you doing?
Riding dirt bikes with my kids, running, boxing and of course playing some drums.
10. Alright, what do you think- the Kings gonna win the cup this year?
Yes, of course. What kind of question is that? Go Kings!
We agree. GO KINGS! They're up 3-1, so one more game and they take it. On that note, be sure to keep up with Travis on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and get all the latest project and tour updates on his website, TravisBarker.com. Once again, a HUGE shout-out to Travis for being awesome and down to earth and taking the time to answer our questions. We wish him all the best in with his 2nd solo album and all the other badass things he's got going on. Thanks, Travis!